Friday, January 18, 2013

Silhouette Cameo Cardstock Paper Reviews

When I first received my Silhouette Cameo, I knew I wanted to use the Print and Cut feature.  However, I wasn't sure where to start with paper.  First, I tried printing on regular paper from Target and Walmart.  It's ok but if I was trying to match up colors to a paper pad printed by a manufacturer, the colors were not matching at all.  So, I started experimenting.

The key is a good, high quality cardstock.  There is no wrong or right one....just choose what works well for your project:

1. X-Press It
  • Pros: 92 lb weight, smooth texture, feels like store bought die cuts
  • Cons: expensive, between 37-42 cents per sheet
  • 7kidscollegefund.com and amazon.com



2. Neenah Solar White Super Smooth

  • Pros: very smooth texture, feels like cardstock stickers, great for elements
  • Cons: thin 80 lb weight
  • 7kidscollegefund.com and amazon.com


3. Paper Trey Ink
  • Pros: inexpensive, only about 15 cents per sheet, super thick like a journaling card (perfect weight for Project Life, Project 365 and Big Picture layouts)
  • Cons: rough texture
  • papertreyink.com




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your you tube videos! I've been attempting to make a sketch file with my cameo. I realize that I can sketch any file in the program just by putting a pen into the holder.

    What I really want to do is to be able to make a sketch file not unlike your postage stamp date file. I don't want to have to print it, I want to sketch it onto my layout.

    This is what I know on how to do it so far. You need to start with an SVG file and have the program trace your drawing. But I've had bad luck with this. I know it should be simple, but it's difficult!

    Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this video. It was very helpful.

    What printer are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your YouTube vids. I subscribed to your channel after watching one of your videos. You made a suggestion about a special type of swap that I thought was a really good idea. How can I contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would suggest Epson Premium Matte Presentation paper for print and cuts. Vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete