Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dylusions Templates and Washi Tape

The Dylusions Templates make great masks for any mixed media and journaling project.  This is my play art journal that I just release and VENT.  I find it a great way to spend an evening after working all day to not have to worry about a scrapbook layout, or exactly how something looks.  Just FREE!
Blitsy has these masks for a limited time:

I like to mix quotes I find online inside my journal for added flair.

The Mists are made with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (1 dropper full) in a Mini Mister filled with water.
I start with the lightest color first and work my way to the darkest colors on top.  Dry between layers.

I journaled with Gel Pens from the bin at Target.  Other times I will use my Copic black multiliners or Sharpie markers.  Sharpie markers come in a huge array of colors these days!

The washi tape craze is definitely a new addiction of mine as well.  It's semi translucent and semi sticky.  
This is from a special on HSN.com this month with We R Memory Keepers.


Tutorial for Mixed Media Art Journaling Page:


2 comments:

  1. love the journal pages! you are talented girl! really like how you use the quotes you find, and how true they are! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the youtube on polymer clay you used delphinium turquoise also a pink to paint the flowers with. Would you please tell me the maker for this.I have tried to go out on the internet to find it. My email is cccoile@earthlink.net I love that card you did with the clay. I want to try this. I also love the way the flowers looked.

    Thanks so very much.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete